Adjusting Our Perspectives to World Realities
If we could at this time shrink the earth's population to a
village of precisely 100 with all existing human ratios remaining
the same, it would look like this:
- There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western
Hemisphere (North & South America), and 8 Africans.
- Seventy would be non-white, thirty white.
- Seventy would be non-Christian, thirty Christian.
- Half of the entire world wealth would be in
the hands of only 6 people,
and all 6 would be citizens of the United States.
- Seventy would be unable to read,
fifty would suffer from malnutrition, and
eighty would live in sub-standard housing.
- Only one would have a college education.
When one considers our world from such an incredibly
compressed perspective, the need for both tolerance and
understanding becomes glaringly apparent.
Begin Your journey, learn the Steps to
Your Indian Ancestry
Beginners Lesson in Genealogy
Indians.org Home | Indigenous Peoples' Literature Index Page
The Tribal Directory
The Indigenous Peoples' Literature pages were researched and organized by Glenn Welker.